Thursday, January 21, 2010

Artie Fucking Lange.....




01/08/2010 - Artie Lange attempted suicide by stabbing himself, police confirmed to the Jersey Journal on Thursday.

Howard Stern lifted his self-imposed ban on discussing his sidekick's suicide attempt, saying Thursday on his broadcast that when he heard the news, it was "too much to bear."

"I was surprised and glad that Artie's situation had been kept quiet.... I'm angry about it, I'm sad about it. I don't know what to think," Stern said. "I'm all over the place emotionally."

Lange is out of the hospital; an attendant in the lobby of the comic's apartment said he saw him heading out from home on an errand. Neighbors' reaction to the news were mixed.

"I think every great comic I know who’s truly funny thinks they suck, thinks the audience sucks and if the audience likes [it] -- it’s like Woody Allen told the old Groucho Marx joke at the beginning of 'Annie Hall.' He goes, 'I would never want to belong to any club that would have me as a member,'" Lange said to the Post's Mandy Stadtmiller (before telling her that she "should be a shrink"). "Every big comedian I know thinks they suck and if a crowd accepts them and thinks they’re funny then the crowd must suck too."

Lange was found unconscious but breathing by his mother Jan. 2; she called 911 at 9:28 a.m. EST and paramedics arrived 10 minutes later. The hospital has been identified as Jersey City Medical Center.



---------------------------------------------------------------
I know it's a little late for this post, but I listen to the Stern Show daily and knowing that a man I listen to everyday attempted suicide is almost unfathomable to me. The man stabbed himself 9 times in the torso. There were 6 hesitation wounds and 3 deep stabs....I just want to say that Project MayHAM Supports Artie Lange and we wish him a very speedy recovery...

No comments: