Tuesday, December 7, 2010

WIKILeaks... Do Not Ignore The Buzz....

WikiLeaks logo Pictures, Images and Photos

Wikileaks.... I'm sure you've heard the term the last few weeks. The truth is, Wikileaks, has been publishing for four years. They seem to have a dedication to spreading truth, and keeping government open.... 
(editor's note... We kinda fucking dig that shit)

They recently released around 250,000 documents taken from intercepted contact between U.S. embassies, and things of that nature. They range in date from 1966 until February 2010, and many are classified. They supposedly allow us to read communications between U.S. diplomats and allow us to see what is said behind closed doors. This has enraged many U.S. politicians. They have even gone so far as to call the founder of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, a "Cyber-Terrorist". Now due to it's in depth nature, I have added a link that defines Cyber Terrorism. From what I can tell, to call Assange a "Cyber Terrorist" is a bit of a fucking stretch. It's defamation of Character. It's Classic U.S. Government... If someone opposes the government, how do we label them....? 
"TERRORIST!"
And in our narrow little minds we hear "TERRORIST" and we are brought back immediately to 9/11. (Which the "fact" that terrorists had anything to do with that is a whole different story which we will save for another day, but I digress...). These Political figures are clearly furious that their "good-Ole'-boy network" behind closed doors conversations are being aired to the public. I mean, if you were doing something illegal, and just being an all-around rich douche-bag on a day-to-day basis, would you want everyone to know? I think not... Also, in the last few days, Assange was arrested in England on four sexually based offenses. One of these charges?  
Rape.
Honestly, now?  I don't know this fucking guy, and I'm not saying he is innocent. But it all seems very fucking convenient. Just a week after releasing secret government conversations the man is now being called a "TERRORIST" and  he is being accused of rape by two unnamed women from Sweden.... If there is one thing we hate in America, I do believe it's rapists, maybe even more than "TERRORISTS". Even other criminals hate fucking rapists. (Again I am not saying the man is completely "innocent"...)
It seems to me that the government is simply trying to destroy this man's credibility, but who knows. This is all food for thought. I will add a link to a news article about his arrest HERE.
Oh! and I also added a link in the title of this post to the WIKILEAKS homepage. Seriously... Take a look, make your own decisions, but I feel that as "free" people we all have a right to see this kind of stuff.

I have downloaded all of the intercepted communications and I will be reading them over the next few weeks. So If I find anything Project MayHAM worthy I will definitely write a post.

While I was surfing the WIKILEAKS page, I came across this video... I want to warn you that it's a little hard to watch.... But again, you need to see this stuff...
OPEN YOUR EYES! 
WE ARE NOT SHEEP!
WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS!

No comments: